Woah guys! I just figured out how to log back into my account! This is amazing!! I am so excited to post about new forms of media I am taking in! There has been a lot you’ve missed, so let us just start from what I am viewing now! For movies, I have been watching some Alfred Hitchcock films such as “Psycho” and “The Man Who Knew Too Much”. I have previously seen his work of “Rear Window” and many of his movies were uploaded to Netflix. I just got home for the summer so luckily Netflix lets me log in again! #letcollegekidsusenetflix Another film I am viewing is “Austenland” and I loveeee an adaptation. For TV shows, I am in between things. I recently finished Ginny & Georgia, which was…complex… to say the least. I am wrapping up the sixth season of What We Do In The Shadows which I will review on later. It is probably one of the best shows ever made. Seriously. It’s on Hulu. Watch ASAP. As my guilty pleasure I watch Love Island USA. I won’t comment on that show because th...
Pretty boy Charlie Plummer has done it again! He must (should never) be stopped! Truly the people's princess of indie movies. Step out of the way, Lucas Hedges! "National Anthem" was a phenomenal film directed by Luke Gilford in 2023 starring Plummer as Dylan, a construction worker in New Mexico with troubled family life desperately looking for an escape. One day, he gets picked up to work at a ~unique~ ranch, where he meets the gorgeous Sky played by Eve Lindley. From there, he begins to bond with this group of ranchers who provide him a space to be himself. This movie had been on my list for a while, so I was so excited to watch it! A film done with such grace, such truthfulness, it brought tears to my eyes. The story was more than a romance; it was about letting go of other's preconceptions of you to allow yourself to be true to you. Dylan struggled with being open even within himself, which repressed him and his sexuality. He lived such a rigid life due to the in...
Eeek! First post! I am so excited to be writing about a movie that I have always wanted to see but unfortunately was never on the right streaming platforms until now. Warm Bodies is a movie I watched with my sister a few nights ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not sure if my sister did, but I don't care. Warm Bodies is a 2013 movie directed by Johnathan Levine. This is based on the novel "Warm Bodies" by Isaac Marion. I actually did not know there was a book until I did background research, so I will definitely be getting a copy! The story is set during the zombie apocalypse and follows the internal monolog of a zombie who wants to be more. While hunting for human brains, he finds a group of teenagers searching for medicine to bring back to their human colony. The zombie makes eye contact with Julie, one of the teenagers, and is instantly infatuated. But, he is still hungry and in true zombie fashion eats the brain of another teenager. During this, he is able to gai...
Comments
Post a Comment